Prospective international students

You are going to integrate into the CEMEF Laboratory and join our teams :

> You are from one of the European Union countries :

Students who are citizens of a state member of the European Union do not need a visa to stay in France.

> You are from a country outside the European Union :

CEMEF sends you an agreement signed by the Prefect. Then, you go to the French Consulate or French Embassy in your home country to get your visa (scientific mention).

On your arrival in France :

  • You have to confirm your enrolment to Ecole des Mines de Paris
  • Within the two months of your arrival, you have to regularize your position and get an annual renewable residence permit. The local Economical Development Agency, Team Côte d'Azur will help you being a go-between you and the Prefecture. Your residence permit has to be renewed annually.

First, you will have to provide the following documents :

  • copy of your passport and of your scientific mention
  • birth certificate: translated in French by a certified translator and authenticated stating the first and last names of father and mother
  • proof of housing (rent receipt, electricity bill...)
  • proof of financial resources (copy of your work contract)
  • official document (CERFA) of demand of residence permit (provided by CEMEF)
  • form (provided by CEMEF) filled in for the obligatory medical check
  • 4 recent passport size black& white photographs

To renew your resident's permit :

You must take an appointment with the " Préfecture de Police" at least two months before the end of validity of your current resident's permit.

> Documents to bring with you:

This list is not exhaustive, it just gives you an idea of essential documents (often compulsory) to have with you during your stay in France.

- a valid passport or identity card for European Union members.
- Birth certificate translated in French and authenticated stating first and last names of your father and mother.
- Attestation of pre-enrolment or preliminary acceptance of CEMEF.
- Originals and copies of your diplomas (from higher education establishments) translated in French and authenticated.
- The student card from your university.
- Married students: a copy of the marriage certificate, translated in French and authenticated
- etc.

> To get all the informations concerning your stay in France:

  >> website of French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
  >> website of "Préfecture des Alpes-Maritimes"
B.P. 207 - 06904 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
logo S&CC
logo Transvalor