Research support teams
At CEMEF, three services support research. They work closely with the research teams. CEMEF's support functions cover a wide spectrum: from machine design to the management of computing resources and the financial and administrative management of projects. The staff of these teams will help with the implementation and developments necessary for scientific projects.
Here is a presentation of our research support services.
MEASURES, STUDIES, WORKSHOP - MEA
The MEA team develops and maintains CEMEF's testing and experimentation resources, in conjunction with the laboratory's researchers. The prototypes developed concern all types of materials (metals, polymers, ceramics or bio-materials), studied in solid or fluid states.
Keywords of the MEA team :
- Manufacturing, machining
- Mechanical design
- Physical measurement
- Instrumentation and control
Applications: development of experimental prototypes
Leader: Christelle Combeaud
Engineers and technicians : Marc Bouyssou, Erick Brotons, Guillaume Corvec, Francis Fournier, Arnaud Pignolet
CALCULATION AND SOFTWARE - SCL
The "Calculations and Software" team ensures the perfect functioning of the IT tools used for communication, software development, numerical simulation computations.
Beyond its purely technical missions, the team is involved in informing and training users on the available hardware and functionalities.
Keywords of the SCL team :
- support, workstation,
- Windows, Linux
- Web, Ldap, Active Directory
- HPC, computing, parallel
- Fortran, C/C++, GIT
- Assignment to each person of a computer workstation adapted to his activities.
- Installation and administration of updated computing resources (including HPC Cluster and workstations)
- Management of user accounts and directories
Leader: Carole Torrin
Computer Engineers: Hallem Ben Aissa, Nadine Manuel
Six people make up the administrative team.
Their fields of intervention:
- administrative and financial management of research projects and the centre,
- Researchers' travel management,
- Student greeting,
- internal and external communication,
- organization of events and congresses of the center.
Leader: Patrick Coels
Team: Marie-Françoise Guenegan, Sylvie Massol, Florence Morcamp, Elena Roxana Popescu